Cine Excel has more than 20 years of distribution & film making experience in the field. Our company produces & distributes our own feature films. We can represent your film at various film markets as a Producer's Representative.
As a Producer's Representative, we:
- bring your film to various film markets
- email blast to 4,000+ buyers
- display your posters at the film market
- show your trailer to interested buyers
- give out screeners to interested buyers
- collect buyers’ database
- full feedback to you from all interested buyers & their contact information
- forward all email inquiries to you
- contact you immediately if there is an immediate deal (& with permission negotiate the best for you)
- review your film & give you an ½ hour pre-market consultation plan.
We do not:
- require commission from you. All money is 100% yours
- collect your money on your behalf. All payment is made directly between you & the distributor. Hence, there is no chance of cheating or non-payment.
- We do this for a flat rate US$895.00 for a film per market. We attend all major markets, such as:
Hong Kong FilmArt, Cannes Marche Du Film, MIP-Com & MIP-TV and the AFM.
Your benefits & advantages:
- Market per Market contract
- You keep all your masters & materials
- You save thousands of dollars of setting up at film market yourself
- No need to pay outrageous sales commissions
- You supply your own materials yourself. Hence, there is no chance of distributor over charge you
- Discounted consultation rate; 50% off normal US$120 an hour, i.e. US$60.
Why we do it this way?
- We are the producers ourselves. We know producers need to optimize & maximize profits with their films.
- We are also the distributors. We know there are many ways to 'cheat' a producer. In this way you cannot be cheated.
- The marketability of your film is only judged by the film itself & not the library that it is marketed around & with.
- There is no safer way to distribute a film than we offer. A relatively insignificant cost for a film that you have worked so hard on & invested in.
What you need to do:
- Six weeks before the market we need your 100% commitment to 'pre-market' your film through our mailings, listings & email blast
- Two weeks before the market we need the followings:
- A minimum of 50 copies of your 8.5" x 11" artwork with synopsis in back & with your contact information
- A minimum of 20 DVD copies of your film marked "sample not for sale" at bottom & a 2 minute trailer at the head. (P.S. We know who the pirates are & who is not qualified. We do not randomly give out screeners to everyone)
- An 18" x 24" poster of your film.
Note next deadline: Call us for November AFM
Film Market Links:
- American Film Market http://www.ifta-online.org/afm/home.asp
- Hong Kong Filmart http://www.hkfilmart.com/default.asp?lang=en
- NAPTE http://www.natpe.org/
- Mip-com http://www.mipcom.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=399&appname=100495
- Mip-TV http://www.miptv.com/
- Cannes Film Festival & Market http://www.marchedufilm.com/